Thursday, February 19, 2015

Valentine's day update, thoughts on lent

                        I don't know if it's just me but February seems to be flying quickly by.  Of course to me that's always the fastest month because it's the month with the least amount of days, but than again it seems like winter always goes by so slow, I call it the depressing season. It's the time where I don't want to talk to anyone, I force myself to be happy, when I know there is that part of me that wants to, and I miss my walks outside.  Thank goodness I did get myself that volunteer job or I would be as lazy as ever.  But anyway enough of the chatter.  This post isn't about the winter blues it's about Valentine's Day and lent. 
                                 Valentine's Day 
                                     I spent Valentine's Day with dad this year.  In a way it brought me comfort because I feel down on Valentine's Day since I live in a house surrounded by couples and I am the only one that's single.  Dad asked me to celebrate it with him a couple weeks ago and I gladly accepted.  He surprised me with Heggy's chocolate's and a dozen red roses. :)  It was a white out so we ordered a pizza but he cooked a fabulous breakfast Sunday morning.   
                                     Lent
                                     Well... as many of you know it's the start of lent,  Yes if you are wondering what I might be giving up I think I already have it.  I am going to give up my daily muffin I have before I volunteer at the cafe right next door to where I volunteer.  Trust me it's going to be so hard.  Their muffins so good and all the employees smile at me when i come in and ask,
                                "What kind today Heather?"
                                 It's going to catch them by surprise when i order something else for the remaining days of lent.  :)  wish me luck.  Well better go.  bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment